Scouting for potential buyers for an Austrian gardening and household products retailer
Niche market-mapping | Sell-side support | Insights and Strategic intelligence
- The client, a European corporate finance advisory firm, was advising the shareholders on the sale of an Austria-based e-commerce company that focuses on greenhouses and raised beds for plants as well as carports.
- To support this sell-side mandate, it requested RocSearch to map potential buyers using our proprietary RocEyeTM approach.
To identify high-potential strategic and financial buyers in the gardening and household
The client outlined two key reasons for engaging RocSearch:
- Our ability to rapidly deploy experienced and highly pedigreed M&A resources.
- Our unique RocEye buyer identification approach that has a proven track record of identifying qualified buyers for niche opportunities.
Approach and Methodology
- Our team of senior M&A experts deployed RocEye on a variety of proprietary data sources to create an extensive universe of strategic and financial buyers with existing and/or stated interests in acquiring companies in the household and gardening products e-commerce sector in Western Europe.
- We identified past M&A transactions and determined valuation multiples prevalent in the sector. In addition, we identified trading multiples of publicly-listed companies to guide conversations with potential buyers.
- We also provided insights on market trends, landscape and growth potential of the B2C gardening and household e-commerce sector in Western Europe as inputs for their information memorandum.
We used our proprietary RocEye deal origination solution to identify and shortlist nearly 90 high-potential strategic and financial buyers in the sector, based on the client’s shortlisting criteria.
- The client was able to engage in advanced discussions with three out of the 90 recommended potential buyers
- The client was equipped with crucial market data including trading multiples for a successful outcome.
RocSearch’s market insights and strategic intelligence enabled the client to successfully enter advanced discussions with potential buyers.