Finding opportunities for a European law firm to expand its restructuring practice in Italy
Business expansion | Restructuring services | Investor identification
- A multinational law firm with a strong restructuring practice was seeking to expand its customer base for special situations, particularly restructuring services.
- It wanted to identify global investors aiming to invest in Italian distressed assets including non-performing loans or assets.
- It was targeting investor categories such as credit funds, distressed funds and security buyers willing to acquire financial claims made in order to carry out transactions of the selling companies.
To aid the client boost its presence in Italy and find relevant opportunities in special situations and restructuring services.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our ability to rapidly deploy customised teams with the necessary skills
- Our proven capabilities in M&A due-diligence and flexible client-centric engagement models
Approach and Methodology
- Our private equity consultants screened a large universe of investors based in all the major developed economies around the world. We extensively scanned publicly available secondary data sources for news flow and league tables of major distressed asset investors.
RocSearch studied over 1,000 distressed asset investors in Italy and the larger European region, providing the client with a at least 60 highly actionable engagement opportunities.
- We studied thematic research papers from Big Four audit advisory firms, leading corporate finance and restructuring consultants and financial advisors to gather insights on the Italian distressed asset investment market in addition to leading domestic and International investors.
- We assessed the key trends shaping the market and captured major distressed asset investment transactions over the previous 5 years.
- Further, we shared investor profiles for priority investors, covering investment criteria, distressed asset focussed funds, historical transactions in Italy, stated strategy/regional focus and key executives along with their contact details.
- Opportunity assessment and identification of potential global investors in the Italian distressed asset market.
- Insights on investor market activity and emerging trends in this space.
- Insights from our detailed study enabled the client in its pre-engagement pitches and business development conversations with prospective investors.
Insights from the study enabled the client in its pre-engagement pitches and business development conversations with prospective investors and helped it successfully expand its services in Italy.