Sales enablement support for a leading industrial ethanol producer
New business development | Identification of qualified prospects | Sales enablement
- In a bid to expand its presence in the North American market, a Canada-based leading industrial ethanol and bio-fuel products company was looking for potential customers of industrial ethanol (FCC1 / Food or USP2 / Medical grade).
- RocSearch was brought in to actively support the highly specialised sales efforts by finding small and medium sized enterprises that buy hundreds of thousands of gallons of alcohol per month.
- It was keen on potential customers with a strong focus on quality, customer service, and flexibility. The target geography comprised British Columbia, Washington and surrounding areas.
To expand business in the United States by identifying relevant prospects.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our ability to rapidly deploy customised teams, adept at new business development and primary research.
- Our proven sales enablement solutions and flexible client-centric engagement models.
Approach and Methodology
- We adopted a rigorous research approach involving primary research and a combination of multiple databases to prepare an extensive list of prospects that buy food-grade/USP-grade alcohol and categorised them based on key geographies and customer industries.
- We sized and segmented the customers using base-level analysis based on the client’s criteria such as annual revenue, employee size, production, product portfolio and manufacturing facility details, and shortlisted the relevant companies.
Our sales enablement team approached more than 350 stakeholders via cold calls and LinkedIn, covering nearly 160 decision makers, and generated a list of 95 qualified leads of potential buyers.
- During the course of the study, we periodically shared our key observations via a user-friendly dashboard of identified leads, which enabled the client to initiate its sales and marketing efforts even before the results were shared.
- RocSearch facilitated active discussions between the client and relevant decision makers from the procurement and product development teams of the shortlisted companies.
- We equipped the sales team of the client with more than 90 high-potential qualified opportunities that led to at least five advanced-level conversations with companies with potential sales worth over US$10mn in annual revenues.
We equipped the client with 95 qualified opportunities resulting in five advanced conversations with companies with potential sales worth US $10mn+
1Food Chemical Codex
2United States Pharmacopeia