Mapping the German industrial automation market for an advisory firm
Strategic market intelligence | M&A landscape | Technology trends
- The client, a German corporate finance firm, was assisting a private equity (PE) firm in building up deal flow in the industrial automation industry in Germany.
- The client wanted to understand the industry dynamic, the evolution of the sector and potential for growth.
- It also wanted to get insights on the capital resource requirements for future developments, a demand-supply ecosystem and the key affiliating bodies.
To conduct due-diligence on the industrial automation industry and carve a go-to-market strategy for the end-client.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our ability to rapidly deploy customised teams with the necessary skills.
- Our proven due diligence capabilities and flexible client-centric engagement models.
Approach and Methodology
- Our investment advisory team carried out an in-depth assessment of the industrial automation sector and analysed in detail the various branches of industrial automation such as automation technology, automation solutions and automation equipment in Germany. We laid out a comprehensive industry landscape covering its value chain, market segmentation, key developments, demand & supply structure and factors likely to disrupt the industry .
The study covered several new product development and innovation trends in technologies such as Internet of Things, AI, 3D printing and drones.
- We shared insights on growth trends in application areas such as Industrial 4.0 and driverless cars.
- We assessed the competition and presented highlights on select German players and recent M&A transactions in the sector.
- We tracked key German and European Union (EU) level trade bodies covering major fairs, media outlets and industry associations.
- A well-rounded industry perspective, backed with market intelligence on trends, drivers, and outlook provided a view on the investment worthiness of the sector to the end-client.
- The client’s management subsequently presented our report in a Partners’ workshop with its end-client, the PE firm, to discuss specific themes within industrial automation.
- The insights helped the private equity investor, to identify focused strips within the target market that matched its risk and return objectives.
The insights helped the PE investor identify focused strips within the target market that matched its risk and return objectives.