Mapping the UK Dental Communications Market for a Corporate Finance Firm
Market Report Preparation | Market Sizing | Competitive Analysis
- Our client, a UK-based corporate finance firm was engaged in a sell-side mandate for a founder-run marketing communications company focused on the dental services and dental equipment market in the UK.
- The client sought RocSearch’s support in conducting a detailed market study of the niche sector. This included estimating the market size, analysing the industry value chain, understanding the competitive landscape, and studying recent mergers and acquisitions.
To understand in-depth the dental communications landscape for a sell-side mandate.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our expertise in advising global clients and extensive experience in studying niche markets.
- Our ability to conduct in-depth market research.
Approach and Methodology
- As the first step, we assembled a dedicated team of analysts with relevant domain expertise to conduct a detailed secondary research on the industry. The team leveraged various databases, paid reports, and other sources to uncover key growth drivers and challenges of the industry.
- We identified key players across the value chain and several sub-sectors of the UK dental marketing and communications industry estimated to be around GBP 180-200 million. We also conducted a detailed competitive analysis and mapped recent mergers and acquisitions including deal multiples.
RocSearch analysed the market using several databases, paid reports, and other sources to uncover key growth drivers and challenges of the industry. We also conducted a detailed competitive analysis and mapped recent mergers and acquisitions including deal multiples.
- The market sizing team looked at the problem using two different methodologies, the first being the top-down approach where the market size for the advertising industry was the starting point. Then the market was analysed to estimate the given niche industry.
- The second methodology, the bottom-up approach, started with estimating the components of the given industry and summing them up to arrive at the market size.
- Based on the results from both methodologies, the team provided the market size for the industry as a narrow range.
- Our research provided a high-quality output that included specific insights about the niche industry supported by detailed research and analysis.
- We delivered the entire assignment in less than 30 days, saving the client about 200 analyst hours.
- The study helped the client prepare a strategic plan for the sell side mandate.
The in-depth study helped the client save about 200 analyst hours and prepare a strategic plan for the sell-side mandate.