Enabling the business development and growth strategy of a global marketing procurement consulting firm
Growth Strategy Advisory | Market Opportunity Assessment | Business Development Support
- A global procurement consultancy sought to understand the total addressable market (TAM) of marketing procurement software and marketing procurement consulting services.
- With the help of a market assessment exercise, it wanted to understand the merger and acquisition (M&A) and growth opportunities across the US, Europe and Asia Pacific (APAC) regions.
- It sought to assess the market based on geographic breakdown and insights across the targeted industry segments.
To assess the marketing procurement services’ TAM in the US, Europe and APAC.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our previous engagements delivered value to the client’s operations, which further strengthened the trust in our capabilities.
- Our expertise in advising global clients on their growth strategies.
Approach and Methodology
- Our strategic research and advisory team developed an industry primer on marketing procurement services, covering the market dynamics, growth drivers, industry trends, potential disruptors, geographic breakdown of market size and insights. We built a comprehensive list of firms operating in the sector, leveraging subscription databases and gathering market insights, industry trends, drivers and inhibitors across the US, Europe and APAC regions.
RocSearch comprehensively assessed the marketing procurement sector, screening a universe of over 3,000 companies and interviewing several industry experts to understand the market dynamics.
- We screened over 3,000 firms to shortlist relevant entities, identified factors affecting the addressable market and assigned scores to be used in the market sizing model for TAM calculation.
- The team validated and gathered market insights from industry experts, including board members, CXOs and members of senior management engaged in consulting and marketing procurement services.
- We created a market sizing model based on the top-down and bottom-up approaches and calculated the TAM with geographic segmentation and related insights.
- The study provided a detailed analysis of the marketing procurement services sector, yielding precise and actionable insights for the client.
- This enabled the client to enrich its top-down model further and refresh its TAM.
- The study identified APAC as an emerging high-potential market that could drive the client’s future growth.
- As part of its growth strategy, it intends to engage us in identifying and evaluating potential clients.
The actionable insights enabled the client to successfully formulate an informed business development strategy.