Designing an effective Intellectual Property framework for a Middle Eastern country
Cross-country benchmarking | Strategy consulting | Identification of best practices
- As part of its growth vision, the Government of a Middle Eastern country was working on a reform programme aimed at diversifying its economy.
- It was looking to design an effective Intellectual Property (IP) enforcement and protection system targeted to improve its global rankings and ease of doing business.
- The Government agency was keen to create a self-sustaining profitable entity for IP enforcement and learn from the best practices of similar entities worldwide.
To revamp the IP enforcement system of a large Middle Eastern country and improve its global rankings of the country.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch over its competitors:
- Our strong strategic advisory and benchmarking capabilities.
- Our flexible client-centric engagement models.
Approach and Methodology
- RocSearch assessed at least 40 countries and their IP enforcement & protection frameworks. We evaluated these systems on several criteria including IP activity, perception of IP protection, enforcement protocols, further ranking these based on a comparative analysis.
We conducted a thorough analysis on several quantitative and qualitative aspects of shortlisted IP enforcement & protection systems, and tracked relevant developments.
- We charted out the IP enforcement value chain to map the ecosystem of IP entities and subsequently profiled select countries, creating benchmarks for relevant services, noteworthy developments and business model concepts.
- We captured insights on global archetypal entities, including private companies, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), and government bodies, across the value chain.
- Critical fact-based insights and recommendations on the IP enforcement platforms, global best practices, success stories, and insights on benchmark countries and entities for execution in the local context
- Go-to-market strategies and business model concepts of shortlisted countries and archetypal successful entities
- Service offerings, mediation and arbitration process redefined
- Budgetary plans based on the lessons learnt from benchmark countries and successful entities
The market mapping analysis enabled the IP Authority to strengthen its enforcement platform and monitor progress along identified benchmarks.