Strengthening brand strategy of a South-East-Asian University
Best practices benchmarking | Brand perception analysis | Consumer survey
- The client wanted to strengthen its brand presence and deepen its footprint in the education and learning space beyond its current geographic operations, to cope up with the fast-changing education and training landscape.
- It was keen to launch professional development courses and wanted to gauge the perception about the university and willingness of professionals and alumni to join.
- It wanted to understand critical success factors emerging from leading universities and learning providers for students, corporates and online learners to improve its brand in the relevant target groups.
To assess the university’s current brand perception, strategically identify gaps and opportunities and build a sustainable brand engagement. strategy.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our ability to rapidly deploy customised teams with extensive experience in consumer surveys and benchmarking.
- Our flexible client-centric engagement models.
Approach and Methodology
- Our strategic advisory team conducted an investigative brand perception survey with 200 respondents, spread across prospective students, parents of students, alumni and professionals in the domestic market as well as select destination countries representing university’s international students.
Our statistical analysis provided insights on key brand attributes such as perception, recall, voice, affiliation, quality, goodwill, distinctiveness, mode of influence, price sensitivity and decision-making.
- The survey yielded interesting results about university’s current perception, key drivers for selection of a university and its programmes, in addition to alumni’s likelihood to recommend the university.
- We carried out detailed analysis of gaps and opportunities for the university based on the survey results, to improve the client’s overall marketing and service strategy.
- A comprehensive assessment and benchmarking of top global universities was also conducted to identify their best practices and arrive at the key considerations for a winning strategy.
- The client took critical steps to improve the university’s perception about its quality of education and enhance the student experience in overseas programmes as parts of its communication strategy.
- The client also reconsidered its courses based on their employability and job prospects, and revisited its course fee, some of the key factors driving the selection of university programmes.
- It also started laying a greater emphasis on strengthening its brand presence and building reputation through measures such as online testimonials, and participation in education fairs.
The study provided insights on best practices, specific actionable opportunities and brand-building strategies for the university.