Opportunity assessment of food-grade and United States pharmacopeia-grade alcohol in North America
For a US-based producer of ethanol and bio-fuel products
- With the surge in demand for hand sanitisers and disinfectants owing to the pandemic, the client aspired to expand the sales of its food-grade and USP-grade alcohols in the US and Canada.
- To make an informed expansion decision, it wanted to evaluate the market opportunity and sales attractiveness for such products in the region.
To assess market attractiveness and formulate a go-to-market strategy for a wider sale of food-grade and USP-grade alcohols
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our ability to rapidly deploy customised teams with the necessary skills.
- Our flexible client-centric engagement models.
Approach and Methodology
- We carried out an extensive market opportunity assessment and a comprehensive analysis of market size and potential, growth drivers and key market trends.
- A combination of secondary research and interviews with experts was leveraged across the value chain to gather these insights.
We created an attractiveness matrix covering key customer industries with current/future high demand for food-grade and USP-grade alcohol, their expected growth rate, high-potential customer application areas, degree of fragmentation across these industries and the regulatory environment.
- We studied the competitive landscape and carried out a market share analysis. We also conducted a comparative analysis of key players based on their operational performance, manufacturing facilities, strategic partnerships, key customers, focus areas and winning business models.
- As part of sales enablement support, we provided an in-depth customer landscape entailing a prioritised list of customers for food-grade and USP-grade alcohol in various industries, detailed customer profiles, potential sales triggers and channel partner landscape.
- Insights and learnings about operational best practices of competitors, which the client could leverage to drive operational excellence and emulate the winning models of other players
- The industry dynamics, premiums and price margins helped the client do a profitability analysis of the product
Our insights enabled the client to drive operational excellence and create a tangible advantage over its competitors.