Location attractiveness study for setting up an avionics components production unit
About the Client
A US-based boutique consulting firm.
- The end-client was looking for a viable and cost-effective location to set up a new manufacturing hub for its global clientele
- The client wanted to identify and benchmark potential locations across the globe, based on their attractiveness across select parameters
Approach and Methodology
- After conducting brainstorming sessions with the client, the team shortlisted six potential countries
- Looked at the opportunities, challenges and key characteristics of select locations in these countries
- Performed quantitative location analysis by covering more than 60 parameters, complemented by a qualitative analysis of the various locations covering infrastructure, business friendliness, tax incentives, potential risks, labour, etc.
- Finally, benchmarked the locations to recommend the top three
- End-client selected one of the recommended locations suggested by RocSearch
- Analysis helped the client win more business from the end-client