Evaluating the attractiveness of the European CRM software sector for a PE firm
Commercial Due Diligence | Competitive Landscape Analysis | Target Identification
- As part of its due diligence exercise, a mid-market PE firm wanted to develop a detailed understanding of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software sector.
- It sought to understand the value chain, competitive landscape, growth outlook, and trends shaping the sector.
- The client also wanted to understand the key purchasing criteria that customers use while selecting a particular CRM software vendor.
To assess growth prospects and consolidation opportunities in the European CRM software sector.
The client outlined three key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our proven strategic research and advisory capabilities.
- Our wide exposure to the European markets and understanding of the technology sector.
- Our track record of breaking down complex concepts and conducting detailed analysis of niche sectors.
Approach and Methodology
- As a first step, RocSearch team illustrated the digital ecosystem, highlighting the typical use cases for CRM software in the European market.
- Based on secondary and primary research the team prepared a detailed definition of each market segment, estimated its size, analysed the competitive landscape in each segment along with the key trends and growth prospects of the segment.
RocSearch captured the market shares of significant and niche players, benchmarking them against ease-of-use, pricing, reviews, deployment type, features, industries served, and adoption rate.
- The study also involved extensive primary research-based consultations with industry experts to gauge the industry’s attractiveness and the market penetration of major players for different customer segments.
- The final project output included the findings and insights from the expert calls and one-pager profiles of the most investment-worthy companies in this space.
- The study enabled the client to gain an in-depth understanding of the European CRM industry.
- The client was able to align our research output with its own internal due diligence.
- The study provided actionable insights into the growth potential of the key players.
- Our extensive interaction with CRM Software customers, helped the client build a comprehensive understanding of purchasing criteria.
We helped the client save over 400 hours of analyst hours, with insights that helped it zero in on three acquisition targets for further due diligence.