Crafting a go-to-market strategy for an American recreational vehicle manufacturer
Go-to-market strategy | Organic and Inorganic Growth | Business diversification
- A US-based manufacturer of a diversified portfolio of recreational vehicles (RVs) and marine products was looking to diversify into the accessories segment.
- It wanted to gather intelligence and evaluate the attractiveness of opportunities for a range of accessories for both RV and marine applications.
- The client wanted to understand the consumer purchase behaviour, decision drivers and preferred purchase channels for these products to guide its go-to-market strategy. The company also wanted to study the current supply chain for that purpose.
To evaluate opportunity attractiveness for a range of accessories for RV and marine applications.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our extensive experience in conducting opportunity assessment and whitespace analysis and identifying growth pockets for corporates.
- Our exposure to working with global automotive and auto-component companies and advising them on their organic and inorganic growth strategies.
Approach and Methodology
- Our strategic advisory team evaluated the customers’ pain points and needs that drove their decision to purchase specific accessories and presented the emerging use-cases. We explored the universe of accessories, analysed their usage patterns and prioritised those worth considering. We further deep-dived to assess the profit margins for these selected accessories and identified high-opportunity areas.
RocSearch identified high-opportunity areas, reviewed the supplier landscape, identified potential acquisition targets and shortlisted lucrative product categories for the client.
- We identified RV accessories manufacturers, analysed their product categories and conducted a granular analysis of their distribution channels across both online and offline modes.
- We analysed customers’ channel preferences and evaluated the key drivers. We also gathered insights on competitors’ initiatives around merger & acquisition deal activity, industry partnerships and other market-entry-/expansion-related developments.
- We identified potential acquisition targets based on their revenue, market penetration & strength of distribution network.
- We created a product category heatmap. For that purpose, we mapped out the sales potential of essential as well as trending categories, including hitch and tow, electrical and electronics, RV maintenance, camping, auto accessories and RV interior non-electrical accessories.
- The study equipped the client with comprehensive insights on the RV accessory market, growth trends, supplier landscape and potential targets, guiding its organic and inorganic growth strategy.
- The insights from the output guided the client to diversify, making a judicious choice of accessory categories based on utilisation pattern, preferred distribution channels and potential targets.
The study guided the client’s growth strategy, enabling it to make informed choices of accessory categories, distribution channels and potential targets.