Building a proprietary investment pipeline for a European investment advisor
Investment opportunity assessment | Debt funds tracking | Identification of real estate loans
- A European investment advisor focused on investments in sub-performing and non-performing loans wanted to understand its investment pipeline better.
- To take informed future investment decisions, it wanted to track debt funds based in Germany, Austria and Luxembourg and get asset-level details for selected real estate investment managers.
To identify investment opportunities in debt funds in selected European countries.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our capabilities in investment research and wide exposure to European markets.
- Our extensive experience in assisting investment firms with identifying debt fund opportunities.
Approach and Methodology
- Our investment advisory team mapped in detail the debt funds and commercial real estate loans market in the target geographies and created a comprehensive database of debt funds with coverage on their vintage, loan balance, loan maturities, loan-to-value ratio, interest rate and real estate collateral asset and investment holding period.
RocSearch created a comprehensive investment pipeline of potential debt fund and commercial real estate loan opportunities in the selected European markets.
- We contacted over 75 stakeholders from asset management firms and research agencies to get the loan book and asset-level details.
- For each identified debt fund, we captured the fund and portfolio details to identify investment opportunities for the client in the near, mid and long terms.
- For each shortlisted target, we summarised key findings such as vintage, loan balance, loan maturities, loan-to-value ratio, interest rate, real estate collateral and investment holding period.
- We also shared the contact details of each fund’s portfolio team to facilitate further outreach and discussions.
- The output provided the client with details on the default loans, the ones that were due to mature within one year, the ones maturing within two to three years and others whose maturity was due beyond three years.
- Based on these insights, we identified investment opportunities for commercial real estate loans and debt funds in the near, mid and long terms.
The study identified investment opportunities in debt funds and commercial real estate loans in the near, mid and long terms.