Augmenting the deal pipeline for a European family office
Deal origination | Proactive opportunity tracking | Buy-side advisory
- The private equity arm of a multi-family office was looking for regular support to augment its deal pipeline in Western Europe.
- It mandated us to develop and manage a master deal origination tracker of companies in the lower mid-market space on an ongoing basis.
To develop and manage an ongoing tracker of potential target companies in Western Europe.
The client outlined three key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our ability to rapidly deploy experienced and highly pedigreed investment advisory teams.
- Our proven deal origination capabilities and flexible client-centric engagement models.
- Our extensive exposure in the European lower mid-market space.
Approach and Methodology
- The dedicated team set up for the client created a Master Deal Dashboard of family and founder-owned businesses in the client’s focus sectors, sourced from a combination of market-leading databases, several league tables and other relevant ranking and award directories.
Using our comprehensive RocEye approach, we created a master deal dashboard, through which we could update the client about 10-20 new promising opportunities every week.
- The dashboard was a comprehensive and live universe of companies in the lower mid-market space across select geographies of Western Europe.
- It would be updated with new opportunities every week and every year for the latest financials and ownership of target companies.
- Each week, we would share 10 – 20 high-potential targets across sectors, matching the client’s investment criteria.
- The deal pipeline tracker provided the client with a steady stream of potential targets every week.
- The exercise saved the client 1,000+ analyst hours.
- During the tracker’s six-month deployment, the client successfully held second-round meetings with four targets.
During the tracker’s six-month deployment, the client successfully held second-round meetings with four targets, thus saving 1,000+ analyst hours.