Web Metrics Benchmarking to Drive Web Traffic
For a major Communications Service Provider (CSP) in the UK
- The client’s digital marketing team wanted to drive web traffic to improve the effectiveness of their website
- With this objective we analysed its web analytics in contrast with other leading global websites in the telecom industry as well as other industries.
To increase web traffic and adopt an effective digital strategy
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our ability to rapidly deploy customised teams with the necessary skills
- Our flexible client-centric engagement models
Approach and Methodology
- We conducted research to benchmark web metrics of the top websites of telecom operators as well as cross-industry players.
- Our research and advisory team leveraged multiple sources including the top web performance comparison sites to gather data for several parameters such as traffic and visitor’s engagement, traffic sources, split of traffic by type and sources of social traffic.
We captured and analysed data on several metrics such as new vs. returning traffic, site speed, bounce rate, pay-per-click (traffic from paid search), click-to-open rate from organic search, page views per visit, minutes spent per visit.
- We also assessed: email marketing click-through rate (CTR), text marketing CTR, Facebook/Twitter click-to-open rate, cost-per-click & conversion rate, average order value, conversion rate, and shopping cart abandonment rate.
- A view on how to bridge the gap between the client’s current and desired digital marketing performance
- New real-time insights enabled a total revamp of the client’s digital strategy based on user/customer behaviour
- Planning for digital marketing spend and key initiatives/focus areas
Optimised web performance and enhanced marketing efforts resulted in a significant increase in online sales.