Shortlisting potential acquirers for a European staffing services firm
Buyer identification | Competitive assessment | Tracking of rumoured transactions
- A leading European Corporate Finance firm was working on a sell-side mandate for a UK-based professional services firm.
- It wanted to identify potential buyers for the end-client, a provider of outsourced complaint handling and staffing services to financial services, insurance and utility firms.
- It wanted to study the target’s competitive landscape and identify active investors in the sector.
To study the target’s competitive landscape and identify active investors in the staffing services sector.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our comprehensive RocEye buyer identification approach covers both strategic and financial buyers.
- Our exposure to the professional services sector in the European markets.
Approach and Methodology
- Our investment advisory team identified the target’s direct competitors and active investors in the sector. We studied rumoured transactions over the previous six months in the European outsourcing, recruitment and consulting industries based on information from several deal intelligence sources and news portals.
RocSearch studied rumoured transactions over the previous six months and shortlisted over 60 potential buyers in the European outsourcing, recruitment and consulting industries using its comprehensive RocEye approach.
- We deployed our comprehensive RocEye buyer identification approach and shortlisted 62 financial and strategic buyers comprising private equity investors, larger recruitment firms, outsourcing firms and consulting / advisory firms.
- We screened the leading players with a strong UK presence and promising growth plans.
- The study facilitated the client with a good mix of high-potential strategic and financial buyers.
- It enabled the end client to strike first-level deal proposal discussions with these buyers over the following few weeks.
The end client struck first-level deal proposal discussions with potential buyers over the following few weeks.