Scanning the UK Energy Management Software market for investments for a European PE firm
Market due diligence | Target identification | Competitive landscape analysis
- A European mid-market private equity (PE) firm was looking to invest in the energy management software , systems and services market.
- It was seeking to build an in-depth understanding of the market structure, competitive landscape and long- term outlook of the sector.
- It also wanted to prepare a detailed market map to identify platform and bolt-on opportunities.
To map the energy management software market and identify potential investment opportunities.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our ability to rapidly deploy experienced and highly pedigreed investment advisory teams.
- Our unique RocEye target identification approach that has a proven track record of identifying qualified targets for niche opportunities.
Approach and Methodology
- Our investment advisory team conducted an in-depth analysis of the key user segments of Energy Management Solutions, their requirements and the addressable market for each segment. We created a detailed market map, highlighting the extent of fragmentation in the market and opportunities for consolidation.
Using our comprehensive RocEye approach, we scanned nearly 9,000 companies and shortlisted close to 200 targets for the client, including both platform and bolt-on opportunities.
- The study involved extensive primary research consultations with industry experts to identify the key trends that were shaping the market and the resulting opportunity areas and challenges for investing in this sector.
- We shared insights on the industry-level growth drivers, competition, evolving merger and acquisition (M&A) landscape, and profiled shortlisted targets for platform as well as bolt-on acquisition, providing a view on the investment rationale for each of the opportunities.
- The study helped the client identify qualified targets for its platform acquisitions and subsequent bolt-on acquisitions.
- Based on the market map we prepared, the client made two add-on acquisitions as part of its value creation strategy for the portfolio company.
Based on the market map we prepared, the client made two add-on acquisitions as part of its value creation strategy for the portfolio company.