Revamping the branding and marketing functions of a financial services firm
Competitive Benchmarking | Best Practices Assessment | Recruitment Strategy
- An Asian marketing communications (MarCom) agency was supporting a financial services firm which intended to upgrade its corporate branding and marketing functions by appointing a new Chief Brand Officer (CBO) and Chief Marketing Officer (CMO).
- It wanted to understand and benchmark how leading companies structure their CBO-led brand management and CMO-led marketing departments/functions/teams.
To benchmark the branding and marketing structures of leading corporates and guide the client’s recruitment strategy.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our proven capabilities in benchmarking and best practice studies.
- Our exposure to working with global MarCom clients and the value delivered on previous engagements.
Approach and Methodology
- Our strategic research team reviewed the marketing and branding models adopted by leading global brands, examining their definition, segmentation and overlap between the roles and responsibilities of CBO and CMO, covering the key trends in the ‘C’ level branding and marketing functions and the inclusion of new designations.
We shared insights on the key trends in the ‘C’ level branding and marketing functions, such as evolving structures and responsibilities in leading global companies.
- We assessed the evolution of these companies’ marketing and branding structures and responsibilities.
- The benchmarking exercise involved a review of the models they were adopting to structure and manage these teams.
- We shared case studies providing insights into the companies’ marketing and branding functions.
- The study enhanced the client’s understanding of how organisations structured their brand/corporate communications and marketing functions and what were the emerging themes.
- The client derived learnings and implemented best practices from the benchmarking exercise and was able to assess its relative strengths and white spaces.
- The client strengthened its marketing team by hiring separate heads dedicated to Customer Experience, Social Media and Digital Marketing.
The client strengthened its marketing team by hiring separate heads dedicated to Customer Experience, Social Media and Digital Marketing.