Opportunity Assessment of the US Baby Products Market
The client is a Swiss consumer goods company, manufacturing organic/natural products for baby nutrition/food and skin care.
Business Objectives / Goals
- As a part of its expansion strategy, the client wanted to enter the US baby products market by end 2016
- It engaged RocSearch to conduct a demand-supply assessment for baby food/nutrition and baby skin care products
Approach and Methodology
- As a first step, RocSearch identified the competitors operating in the organic/natural baby products market. Various parameters such as revenue, product portfolio, expansion plans, distribution strategies, price points, etc., were considered while shortlisting the target companies
- Secondary research sources, (US Census Bureau, industry associations, The Wall Street, analyst reports) were leveraged to gain insights on demand-supply, segmentation, etc.
- Expert interviews, along with primary interviews, were conducted to deep-dive on the key players and understand the demand/future outlook for organic baby products in the US
- Considering the US market is dominated by leading brands such as J&J, the study helped the client define their marketing strategy, price points and distribution structure to enter this market