Ongoing Strategic Market Intelligence
For a leading global telecom network infrastructure provider
- The client was looking for a research partner to conduct a strategic situation analysis in its key markets – South East Asia, Oceania and India
- To understand overall market dynamics and activities of other leading telecom operators in these markets
- To assess its current market position with respect to its competitors and its preparedness to respond to emerging market challenges and opportunities
To assess its current market position and preparedness to respond to emerging market challenges and opportunities.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our proven technology media telecom capabilities and flexible client-centric engagement models
- Our ability to deploy customised teams with the necessary skills
Approach and Methodology
- RocSearch has a full-time engagement (FTE) with the client, where we follow a streamlined and interactive approach for preparing periodic operator and market reports for them.
- The operator reports include a half-yearly performance & strategy analysis of each of the 14 telecom operators in the relevant markets.
- We chart out a detailed release calendar of the operator’s financial results at the start of the year and prioritise all deliverables in collaboration with the client.
- The reports cover in-depth insights on their financial performance, operating performance and key strategic themes including the latest developments revolving around these themes.
- Our quarterly market reports cover market trends and dynamics for each of the 5 countries in the region.
We analyse each country’s industry trends, regulatory updates, key players, upcoming market behaviour, strategic themes and technology rollout impacting the industry.
- Highlight key aspects related to market developments, macroenvironment and implications for the client, recent mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnerships and market expansions.
- Leverage strategic frameworks and financial ratio analysis techniques to decipher ‘so-what’s’, synthesise our analysis across key sections of the report and present key insights related to the company, follow up from historical strategic initiatives, analyst forecasts and their impact on client strategy.
- Periodic market reports providing updates on market area dynamics and insights to evolve services in response to market expectations
- Operator reports leveraged by client’s strategy team to track/benchmark the financial and operational performance of key operators
- Insights on initiatives of key players around trending themes such as enhancing data network, improving customer retention, enhancing digital landscape, technology convergence, and cyber security
The client leverages these insights to stay updated on market dynamics and operator performance, to evolve its services, formulate its go-to-market strategies and stay ahead of the competition.