Market Mapping and RocEye - Deal Origination Support in Pet Foods Market
For a UK-based private equity firm with a global asset portfolio
- The client had raised a new fund and as part of its ground work to deploy the capital, it was conducting preliminary due-diligence across multiple sectors to identify growth pockets and opportunities for consolidation.
- It wanted to prepare an in-depth market map of the Pet Foods sector, among other focus sectors, to get an overview of the opportunities available.
To identify growth pockets and opportunities for consolidation in the pet foods market
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our ability to rapidly deploy customised teams with the necessary skills
- Our experience in the FMCG sector and flexible client-centric engagement models
Approach and Methodology
- Our private equity consultants leveraged the proprietary RocEye deal origination platform and screened c. 1,000 companies to map the pet food manufacturer’s competitive landscape in Europe.
- These targets were prioritised based on the client’s investment criteria and detailed profiles were created for c. 25 targets.
- Each profile provided an overview of the target’s business, products & service offerings, end-market/species focus, geographic presence, ownership, financial performance, stated strategy and recent developments.
Using our proprietary text analytics based approach, the team also identified companies rumoured for sale and created strip profiles of all the immediately actionable opportunities
- Finally, an analysis of the European Pet Foods market was conducted to identify key trends shaping the sector.
- Four modules with an in-depth analysis of the Pet Foods market in Europe including: Detailed market map Shortlist of investment-worthy opportunities with target profiles Potential targets rumoured for sale Market overview
- A PowerPoint presentation illustrating key factors driving trends and the mid to long-term impact of those trends on market players
Through our research and advisory services, the client’s investment team was able to quickly build its investment hypothesis and acquired one of the targets shortlisted in the study.