Mapping the global drilling services market for an Australian metal resources company
Market Assessment | Supplier Intelligence | Competitive Landscape
- A specialty metals resources company operating in New South Wales and Western Australia was looking for support services in drilling and airborne survey.
- As part of the due diligence exercise, the client wanted to understand the industry dynamics, identify potential service providers and benchmark their performance.
To examine the global drilling and airborne survey market and identify support service suppliers.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our prior experience in supporting clients on global supplier intelligence and benchmarking studies.
- Our extensive exposure to the metals and mining industry.
Approach and Methodology
- Our strategic advisory team analysed the industry, estimating the size of the global exploration market and the share of drilling and airborne services. We thoroughly examined the key trends, growth drivers, and challenges, affecting the market and gathered valuable market insights by conducting interviews with industry experts.
RocSearch scanned the key trends shaping the global drilling services and airborne survey industry, emerging technologies and identified relevant support service suppliers.
- In addition to analysing the market forces, we scanned the emerging technologies along with the key technical equipment being used by prominent market players.
- We adopted a logical approach to identify the importance of digital solutions in drilling and explored various use cases across the metals and mining industry.
- As part of the supplier landscape exercise, we identified and profiled the key service providers for the client’s consideration.
- Our extensive research and analysis provided the client with a detailed understanding of the supplier landscape in drilling and airborne services industry.
- The study equipped the client to initiate outreach and hold discussions with leading service providers.
- It was eventually able to source appropriate support services from the identified suppliers.
The study equipped the client to hold discussions with leading service providers and procure appropriate support services.