Managing Remote Working During The Pandemic
For a leading European mid-market buyout firm
- The portfolio management team of the client wanted to understand how its portfolio peers were managing their operations during the pandemic.
- It wanted to derive learnings from the best practices of the peer group in order to manage working remotely.
To learn from remote-operation best practices from a peer group
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our ability to rapidly deploy customised teams with the necessary skills.
- Our proven capabilities in peer benchmarking and flexible client-centric engagement models.
Approach and Methodology
- As a first step we identified leading peers of the Private Equity firm in its six portfolio sectors: business services, consumer, financial services, healthcare, TMT (technology, media, telecom) and industrial.
For each portfolio peer, we analysed the challenges faced due to the disruption from the pandemic as well as the strategies adopted by them to manage their customers and supply chain.
- Our research analysts analysed the key tactical initiatives undertaken by selected companies in relevant sectors to manage remote working.
- The study outlined the strategies adopted by companies, the potential challenges, best practices and incentive schemes undertaken by them to manage and grow their businesses during the pandemic.
- While the portfolio companies themselves were working hard to stay ahead in managing operational disruptions the study allowed the management teams to benchmark their initiatives against market best practices
- Insights which gave them a menu of options to improve their business operations during the pandemic
The study allowed the management team to benchmark their initiatives against market best practices and improve their business operations during the pandemic