Location Attractiveness Study for Wire Harness Manufacturing
The client, based out of the Nordic region, is a global manufacturer of aviation wire harnesses.
Business Objectives / Goals
- The client requested RocSearch to evaluate countries/cities to select an ideal location for setting up a manufacturing site for aviation wire harnesses
- They wanted RocSearch to shortlist top locations based on parameters such as manufacturing cost, accessibility to skilled labour, government regulations/ subsidies, etc.
Approach and Methodology
We divided the project into three phases:
- Phase 1: Evaluated 10 countries for wire harness manufacturing on the basis of demographic environment, key economic statistics and locational attractiveness
- Phase 2: Ranked the top five countries based on parameters such as ease of operation, operational efficiency and cost of operation
- Phase 3: Benchmarked the top 10 locations in the five countries, looking at factors such as labour market efficiency, crime and corruption, value chain, etc.
- Recommended a list of locations vetted on a diverse set of parameters: demographic, operational and economic
- Analysis was supported by both historical statistics and forward looking analysis, such as proposed government regulations/ structure, etc.