Identification Of Industry-Wide Supply Chain Best Practices
For a leading European mobile network operator
- The client’s strategy team wanted to evaluate how they could use their supply chain to create a sustainable advantage.
- To understand how other industry leaders leverage certain parts of their supply chain to differentiate their propositions.
- To create alignment between the supply chain and business strategies.
We benchmarked supply chain practices of industry leaders which enabled our client to develop their go-to-market strategy and transform its business
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our ability to rapidly deploy customised teams with the necessary skills
- Our flexible client-centric engagement models
Approach and Methodology
- Our strategic advisory team conducted an in-depth industry-wide study of ~15 global corporations that had excelled in their businesses by differentiating their supply chains.
RocSearch presented their insightful success stories and showcased how they were creating differentiation using their supply chains. We included examples of the top five players from The ‘Gartner Supply Chain Top 25’ for 2020, covering supply chain practices of Cisco, Colgate-Palmolive, J&J, Schneider Electric and Nestlé.
- Additionally, we captured examples of successful supply chain cost reduction and management strategies, covering the supply chain practices of John Deere, Intel, Starbucks, AGCO, TEREX, Avaya and Sunsweet.
- In each of the case studies, we shared insights on their propositions/initiatives, rationale behind these initiatives, key differentiation strategies, critical success factors, costs involved, customers’ responses and how these strategies had benefitted them overall.
- Insights on critical success factors and best practices of selected industry leaders
- New learnings and insights used by the client to evaluate how it could differentiate its products, processes, and brands, as well as provide wider service options to its customers
- Impact analysis which drove the client to re-assess and differentiate its supply chain strategies
- Reduction in customer acquisition & service cost, delivery lead times
- Better inventory management and increased agility through greater collaboration with various players in the ecosystem
The impact analysis drove the client to differentiate its supply chain practices which played a vital role in reducing customer acquisition & service costs, delivery lead times, improving inventory management and increasing agility.