Guiding a Middle Eastern Government towards strengthening its Commercial Translation Services
Country benchmarking | Best Practices analysis | Regulatory Landscape Analysis
- A Middle Eastern Government, in a bid to enhance the commercial translation services in the country, wanted to understand the Commercial Translation Services Landscape internationally.
- Based on a benchmarking exercise, it was keen to learn from the performance of high-ranking countries and implement their best practices and effective governance mechanisms.
Understand the Commercial Translation services landscape internationally and help implement best practices in the client country.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our proven international benchmarking capabilities.
- Our wide exposure to working with government entities in the Middle East.
Approach and Methodology
- Our strategic advisory team built a long list of countries that ranked high on the usage of commercial translation services. We further shortlisted 12 countries based on the number of languages spoken, the number of embassies hosted, the contribution of tourism to the GDP, foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows / Investment, Global Sports events hosted and the country’s affiliation with international forums/ consortiums.
We benchmarked the countries based on the responsibilities of government entities and compliance and accreditation mechanism using a high-level power matrix.
- The deep-dive analysis of the shortlisted countries covered the responsibilities of government entities, assessment of control, compliance and accreditation mechanisms and a high-level power matrix.
- We also covered services provided by different entities (both government and private), detailed mechanisms, guides, methodologies, commercial structure, technologies to enhance service provision, governance structure, opportunities and challenges.
- After the analysis, we recommended five countries that were deemed to be the best.
- The deep-dive analysis enabled the client to identify key areas of development opportunities based on the benchmark performance of profiled countries.
- The country benchmarking exercise helped the client strengthen its working model, manage components and implement efficient governance mechanisms.
- The recommendations from the study guided the client to further develop and enhance the Commercial Translation Services in the country.
The country benchmarking exercise helped the client strengthen its working model, manage components and implement efficient governance mechanisms.