Exploring the Digitalisation Opportunity for Agile Procurement
Market intelligence | Opportunity assessment | Procurement research
- A UK Government entity responsible for the safe and secure clean-up of nuclear sites wanted to gather intelligence on the technologies it could use in the short term to upgrade its procurement function.
- It wanted to assess existing digitalisation trends and opportunities in procurement, specifically in the public and nuclear sectors in the UK.
To examine potential technologies to optimise procurement operations.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our ability to identify innovation opportunities and digital trends through technology scouting.
- Our wide exposure to procurement research and best practice studies in the European markets.
Approach and Methodology
- Our strategic advisory team identified emerging technologies being adopted across other industries and functions in the UK. It examined innovation market trends shaping the landscape of technological innovation in procurement that may have potential applications in the procurement function.
RocSearch examined emerging innovative technology trends, opportunities and procurement use-cases and evaluated their applicability in a project-based set-up.
- We mapped out various technologies and procurement use-cases and prioritised them based on the technologies’ readiness, applicability in the UK nuclear/public sector, implementation case studies and relevance in a project-based set-up.
- We identified and profiled suppliers offering these technologies and prepared a technology roadmap for the client for the short-term, mid-term and long-term horizons.
- The output enabled the client to create a digitalisation roadmap, assess current levels of technology readiness and optimise its procurement processes.
- The best practices across industries presented ideas and insights for adoption feasibility and planning implementation across time horizons.
- The study facilitated the client with the identification of technology vendors and faster deployment of technologies.
The output enabled the client to create a digitalisation roadmap and optimise its procurement processes.