Evaluating the Unified Communications-as-a-Service market for a European PE firm
Market Due Diligence | Competitive Landscape Analysis | Target Identification
- One of the top 10 European private equity (PE) firms wanted to evaluate the attractiveness of the Unified Communications-as-a-service (UCaaS) market.
- The client wanted to understand in-depth the UCaaS ecosystem, the sector’s evolution, and its future growth potential.
- It also sought RocSearch’s support in benchmarking key players globally based on their strengths and technological capabilities.
To understand the global UCaaS market and access opportunities for consolidation.
The client outlined three key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our track record of breaking down complex concepts and conducting detailed analyses on niche markets.
- Our wide exposure to and expertise in the technology, media, and telecommunications (TMT) space.
- Our proven investment research and advisory capabilities.
Approach and Methodology
- A team of dedicated analysts conducted preliminary research to develop a deep understanding of the UCaaS market. The team captured key information about the history of UCaaS, its ecosystem, value chain, different distribution channels, end markets it serves, and the market size (both current and estimated) by geography.
- The team covered key market trends and drivers, such as migration to cloud communication technologies, their adoption rate in different geographies, headwinds and tailwinds, and challenges that service providers face. We also highlighted the financial and strategic buyer activity in this market in the last 10 years in Europe and the US and created brief profiles of the major players.
For the competitive landscape, the RocSearch team captured the market share of each vendor in both European and global contexts, strategies adopted by leading players and benchmarked them against core geographic markets served, role in the value chain, type of organizations served, number of customers and end users, strength areas and technological capabilities.
- Based on the client recommendations, the RocSearch team also incorporated data for adjacent industries of Contact Centre as a Service (CCaaS) and Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS), capturing trends, market shares, market segments and vendor landscape in the final output.
- The team created a visually appealing deck with more than 60 slides comprehensively detailing all aspects of Communications as a Service (CaaS).
- The client aligned our research output with internal due diligence and continued focusing on the market.
- The study provided a holistic and independent view of the overall UCaaS market.
- We helped the client save over 600 hours of analysts’ time that could now be devoted to further due diligence.
The client received a comprehensive view of the UCaaS market as a whole and saved more than 600 analyst hours.