Evaluating investment opportunities in the US mobility aids market for a mid-market Private Equity firm
Investment opportunity assessment | Pre-M&A due diligence | Competitive-intelligence gathering
- A private equity investor focused on the North American lower mid-market segment was conducting commercial due diligence for a mobility solutions installation company.
- It wanted to assess the broader industry and its sub-sectors, evaluate the performance of equipment sellers and assess the competitive landscape of equipment installers.
To explore the attractiveness of the American mobility aids market and map out the competitive landscape.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our proven M&A due diligence capabilities and flexible client-centric engagement models.
- Our wide exposure to conducting sector deep-dives in the North American market.
Approach and Methodology
- Our investment advisory team assessed the overall Mobility Aids & Equipment Installation Services market in the US. It covered current size and projections for selected segments such as walking aids, wheelchairs, stair lifts & climbing devices, mobility scooters, patient lifting equipment and bathroom assistive devices.
RocSearch shared insights on the addressable market, key trends and landscape of mobility equipment manufacturers and accessibility solution providers.
- We captured insights on market drivers & trends for the mobility equipment market in the US. We covered the key equipment manufacturers, offerings, distribution channels and major online retail platforms.
- We profiled the accessibility equipment solution providers and installers. We benchmarked their consulting, design and installation capabilities, along with the costs of the products and related services.
- As part of the M&A landscape, we analysed the precedent transactions involving the acquisition of mobility equipment manufacturers, mobility equipment dealers or accessibility solution providers.
- The RocSearch team saved almost 150 hours for the client by evaluating the market and identifying potential targets for acquisition.
- The output equipped the client with an in-depth understanding of the industry and its sub-segments, which helped evaluate its investment attractiveness.
The RocSearch team saved the client’s team almost 150 hours by evaluating the market and identifying potential targets for acquisition.