Equipping a marketing procurement consultancy with insights on leading global brands
Competitive Benchmarking | Opportunity assessment | Marketing Spend Analysis
- A global marketing procurement intelligence provider was interested in assessing the impact of global macroeconomic scenario on the marketing spent of global brands.
- It engaged RocSearch to get a view on the marketing cost metrics of the leading global brands and get insights on their advertising and marketing trends.
- It was keen to understand how the media mix is likely to evolve and any staffing challenges marketing leaders around the world were facing.
To understand the marketing cost metrics and evolving media-mix of leading global brands
The client outlined three key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our proven capabilities in brand research and spend analysis.
- Wide exposure of our strategic research team to global competitive benchmarking studies.
- Our successful experience of working with the client on similar prior engagements.
Approach and Methodology
- Our strategic advisory team reviewed the macroeconomic scenario of top economies covering their GDP growth, cost of living index, inflationary trends,. As part of the global brand view, we reviewed the marketing metrics of the top 15 global brands in detail, sharing insights on their marketing activities, marketing spent, partner agencies and their upcoming plans for spend levels.
We uncovered trends in marketing and advertising spend and the preferred marketing strategies of leading global brands amidst inflation, recessionary concerns and other supply chain issues.
- We shared insights on the preference for marketing channels by these brands such as digital marketing, social media marketing, event sponsorships and email marketing amongst others.
- We provided a breakdown of marketing disciplines such as advertising, direct marketing and public relations, shared a view on sector performance and their contribution to marketing advertising spent.
- We also analysed popular marketing and advertising techniques and trends, covering marketing success stories and examples of brands using specific subject matters.
- We also looked into the challenge of acute talent shortage being faced by marketing companies, its implications on the service costs and how companies are trying to solve for it.
- The study provided an updated view on the marketing cost metrics of leading global brands and assess related opportunities.
- The client used the insights on marketing trends, channel preferences and future plans of the key brands to guide the marketing budgets and optimise the spend of its end clients.
- The global benchmarking exercise equipped the client to identify industry trends, outlook and craft data-driven creative pitches for their potential clients.
The client used the insights on marketing trends, channel preferences and future plans of the key brands to guide the marketing budgets and optimise the spend of its end