Crafting the go-to-market strategy for a UK-based greenhouse products supplier
Industry Due Diligence | Partner Identification | Supplier Benchmarking
- A UK-based supplier of greenhouses and associated garden products was seeking a joint venture with a company engaged in aluminium extrusion, fabrication, greenhouses manufacturing, and other aluminium applications in India.
- It therefore wanted to conduct a due diligence of the Indian aluminium extrusion industry, benchmark various suppliers and identify potential joint venture partners for supporting its inorganic growth strategy.
To identify potential partners supplying greenhouse products in India.
The client outlined three key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our proven investment research and advisory capabilities.
- Our wide exposure to the Indian metals and mining industry.
- Our proven track record in partner identification and benchmarking exercises.
Approach and Methodology
- Our strategic advisory team conducted an in-depth analysis of the aluminium extrusion industry in India and generated a list of over 80 potential partners. We evaluated these players on various parameters and short listed 19 of them, that were further ranked based on their size and capability.
We comprehensively mapped out the Indian aluminium extrusion industry, created a universe of 80+ potential partners and evaluated them.
- Following the ranking, we further shortlisted and profiled the leading five players and shared more insights on their operations, financials, products and recent developments.
- We facilitated the client with establishing initial conversations with the shortlisted suppliers.
- We accompanied our client during their visit to India and helped them negotiate with prospective suppliers.
- The study provided the client with a holistic view on the Indian aluminium extrusion industry and validated their decision to enter the Indian market.
- The partner evaluation exercise enabled the client to identify the most suitable players in the sector.
- It was eventually able to establish a joint venture partnership with one of the shortlisted players.
The benchmarking exercise enabled the client to successfully establish a joint venture partnership with one of the shortlisted players.