Crafting a winning bid for a global MarCom major to engage a Canadian retailer
Pre-engagement Support | Pitch Presentation | Market and Competitive Landscape
- A global Marcom major was keen to engage with a Canadian retailer which had floated a tender to invite advertising agencies.
- It wanted to craft a compelling pitch presentation on the Canadian grocery and drug retail market expeditiously.
- The client insisted on an expeditious output to share a timely response to the request for proposal (RFP).
To create a compelling and expeditious pitch presentation on the Canadian grocery and drug retail market.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our proven capabilities in providing pre-engagement intelligence and RFP support.
- Our ability to deploy a rapid research team adept at providing quick turnaround market intelligence.
Approach and Methodology
- Our rapid research team conducted a strategic review of the Canadian grocery and drug retail market. We covered the opportunity assessment and market sizing, including forecasts, growth drivers, the regional concentration of grocery and drug stores and the competitive landscape, capturing the market share analysis of the leading players, their value proposition, trending store formats, pricing and brand positioning.
We created a compelling pitch deck with insights on the Canadian Grocery and Drug Stores market and positioning of the client’s brand vis-à-vis other brands.
- We captured the key market trends, growth drivers, recent developments and ad campaigns of the leading retail brands aligned with the retailer’s business segments.
- These insights were systematically presented through a compelling pitch deck which served as a response document to the RFP.
- The presentation, packed with comprehensive market insights, was executed and shared with the client in five days, well before the deadline for submission of proposals.
- The insightful pitch decks provided the required intelligence to the client, strengthening its position in the bid for lead conversion.
- The trending insights around loyalty programmes, increasing partnerships and channel preferences guided the client to build its case towards a stronger agency which could align its services to the market demand.
- The client was delighted with the outcome and, since then, engaged us to produce several Points of View on varied topics, which they use for either publishing or feeding information to their sales team.
The insightful pitch deck strengthened the client’s position in its bid for lead conversion and has been followed by requests for several Points of View on varied topics.