Crafting a go-to market strategy for a European e-bike manufacturer
Market entry strategy | Competitive landscape | Location attractiveness
- An international management consulting firm was working on an advisory mandate for an e-bike company looking to enter select markets in Europe.
- It mandated RocSearch to conduct due diligence on the micro mobility market, with a focus on bikes, e-bikes, scooters and e-scooters across key countries in Europe, including Italy, Poland and Spain.
- It also wanted to gather intelligence on the existing competitive landscape and the supply chain dynamics in the e-bikes market.
To assess the market dynamics in the micro mobility sector in select European markets.
The client outlined three key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our global outlook and exposure in the clean mobility sector.
- Our proven strategic advisory and due diligence capabilities across a wide range of geographies.
- Our successful track record in identifying and assessing alternative supply avenues.
Approach and Methodology
- Our strategic advisory team conducted an in-depth assessment of the market for electric vehicles and its evolution against conventional automobiles. We conducted a deep dive into the micro-mobility sector, focusing on e-bikes, and examined the regional regulatory framework and key developments in countries such as Italy, Poland and Spain.
We interviewed industry stakeholders to gather insights on market size, leading cities for micro mobility, key players and their supplier relationships.
- We identified leading cities in each of the focus markets, based on their public policy, infrastructure investment, population, uptake and popularity of micro mobility.
- We carried out a detailed comparative benchmarking of select players based on their sales, financials, average pricing and variation in product offerings in focus markets.
- We also identified the key suppliers of these players in direct spend categories, such as frames, batteries and motor transmissions, and examined their selling strategies in terms of the channels used, pricing and product positioning.
- The study enabled the client to guide the e-bike company with its go-to-market strategy for key European countries.
- Our insights acquainted the e-bike company with potential opportunities and roadblocks to enable it to plan its entry and product positioning in its target markets.
Our insights acquainted the e-bike company with potential opportunities and roadblocks to enable it to plan its entry and product positioning in its target markets.