Buyer identification support for a graticules and reticles manufacturer
For a leading European corporate finance firm
- As part of a sell-side mandate for an optical equipment firm, the client was seeking specialised buyer identification support.
- It wanted to identify potential international manufacturers of graticules and reticles in Europe.
- The investment mandate was to explore strategic buyers with specific criteria.
To identify high-potential international buyers/manufacturers of graticules and reticles
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our comprehensive RocEye buyer identification approach and flexible client-centric engagement models
- Our ability to rapidly deploy customised teams with the necessary skills
Approach and Methodology
- Our investment team leveraged an ecosystem of sources, including subscription databases, industry associations, events & conferences and company websites, to build an exhaustive list of more than 1,200 potential buyers, which was then screened for relevance.
- The team assessed precedent global merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions from the previous five years in the reticles, graticules, coatings, glass products and microscopy instruments segment.
- We also scanned the last six months of rumoured transactions in to identify companies or private equity firms with plans to grow in the segment.
We used our proprietary RocEye buyer identification approach to screen and shortlist 90 potential buyers matching the client’s criteria.
- A curated list of 83 strategic investors and 7 financial investors meeting the client’s criteria
- Successful acquisition within three months
Within a span of three months, the graticules division of the optical equipment company (end-client) was purchased by one of our recommended buyers in a multi-million-pound deal.