Benchmarking international best practices for boosting SME growth for a Middle Eastern country
Benchmarking best practices | Comparative analysis | Strategy consulting
- A Middle Eastern Government’s micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) authority wanted to learn from various organisations providing services for the promotion and development of MSMEs globally.
- We partnered with a Middle Eastern consulting firm on this mandate, where it wanted us to identify such international, regional and local entities and benchmark their best practices.
To identify global and regional SME promoting entities and study their best practices.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our strong strategic advisory and benchmarking capabilities.
- Our flexible client-centric engagement models.
Approach and Methodology
- Our strategic advisory team conducted an in-depth scan for organisations that provide dedicated promotion and development support for MSMEs and created a diversified universe set, covering govt., semi-govt. and non-profit organisations.
- We identified 45 similar organisations with a broad regional representation, covering several countries such as the US, Canada, UK, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, South Africa, India, UAE and Netherlands.
We shortlisted over 25 public and private entities, ranking them based on their SME priorities, diversity of services and key achievements.
- We briefly profiled the shortlisted entities to help develop an understanding around their focus areas and service portfolios for the MSMEs.
- Further, we mapped out the high-ranking entities, based on their focus, diversity of services and key achievements.
- For each of these entities, we provided deep-dive recommendations & insights on their best practices for promoting SMEs.
- The study enabled the client to draw learnings from the comparative analysis of the recommended entities, based on their customer satisfaction, brand awareness and regional best practices.
- The study enabled the client to develop an actionable roadmap for promoting SMEs in the country it is based in.
The study enabled the client to develop an actionable roadmap for promoting SMEs in the country it is based in.