Advising a Middle Eastern government on a disability policy framework
Strategic consulting | Policy advisory | Benchmarking analysis
- A Middle Eastern government agency responsible for empowering persons with disabilities wanted to benchmark its policies and performance against global and regional counterparts.
- It wanted to use the learnings to frame the country’s strategy on disability, guide its policy framework and identify development opportunities.
To identify development opportunities for the country and guide its policy framework and strategy on disability.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our strategic advisory capabilities for guiding the policy framework of government entities.
- Our extensive experience in conducting international benchmarking and best practice studies.
Approach and Methodology
- Our strategic advisory team analysed the functioning of governments of at least 20 global and regional countries that supported their disabled population, either directly or in partnership with non-governmental organisations (NGOs). We examined their focus on high-level disability policies, categorisation, type of examination and legal perspectives (religious, secular and commitment to UN goals).
RocSearch benchmarked the disability policy frameworks of several countries and generated insights on their health sustainability development goals, enactments, schemes & rehabilitation institutions.
- We conducted a deep dive on shortlisted countries. We benchmarked their policy framework, key performance indicators and success stories of their regulations, policy incentives, actual funding and how they categorised disability.
- We generated insights on the shortlisted countries’ health sustainability development goals, enactments, schemes & institutions established for rehabilitation/ upliftment of the disabled.
- We assessed the measures, policies and programmes adopted by governments to support disability and evaluated their impact. This included social protection programmes, community-based rehabilitation programmes and other disability schemes.
- Based on the benchmarked performance of global and regional leaders, we identified the key areas of the government’s development opportunities.
- The recommendations helped bolster the government’s policy framework, rehabilitation, funding schemes and financial packages
The recommendations helped bolster the government’s policy framework, rehabilitation, funding schemes and financial packages.