Advising a global medical technology company on its market entry strategy
Market Due Diligence | Target Identification | Market Entry Strategy
- A leading pharma consultancy was helping a global medical technology company enter the rural healthcare market in India through the inorganic route.
- As part of the due diligence exercise, it wanted to understand the market dynamics.
- It also wanted to identify suitable targets for acquisition or joint venture.
To assess the MedTech market in India and identify acquisition opportunities.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our expertise in advising global clients on their growth marketing strategies and partner identification mandates.
- Our exposure to the HealthTech and MedTech sectors.
Approach and Methodology
- Our strategic research and advisory team developed an industry primer on the MedTech sector, covering the market landscape, competitive dynamics, typical operating models, underserved growth pockets and potential disruptors.
RocSearch comprehensively analysed the MedTech sector and interviewed over 100 medical practitioners to benchmark various potential market players using the weighted index score method.
- We contacted over 100 medical practitioners across India to identify the key factors affecting growth and validate our findings.
- We identified companies based on several parameters, including research and development focus, number of products across relevant segments, relevant market presence, and alliances with other top players in the industry.
- Later, we ranked them using a weighted index scoring methodology and shortlisted companies that met the client’s needs.
- The study provided a detailed analysis of the MedTech sector, yielding precise and actionable insights for the client.
- The study’s findings enabled the client to advise its MedTech end client on its market entry strategy.
- The end client entered into a joint venture with one of the shortlisted MedTech players in India.
The actionable insights enabled the end client to successfully strike a joint venture with one of the shortlisted MedTech players.