Helping a Middle Eastern country solidify its reputation as an attractive investment destination
Global best practice study | Country benchmarking | Brand positioning
- A Middle Eastern country was keen to revamp its image as a business destination in the public domain.
- The Government was looking to create a national web- based portal that would provide international investors with key economic and business information.
- The aim of the portal was to serve as a digital encyclopaedia by becoming the prime source of quality information about the country.
To create a national portal with a goal to present the region as a prime investment destination and help improve its business ranking.
The client outlined two key reasons for selecting RocSearch:
- Our ability to rapidly deploy customised teams with the necessary skills.
- Our strong country benchmarking experience and flexible client-centric engagement models.
Approach and Methodology
- Our strategic advisory team conducted a digital scan of the G20 countries to identify relevant success stories for the client. We evaluated national portals from 18 countries on several parameters such as content, linguistic coverage, content update frequency, brand impact, strategic necessity, and uniqueness of culture.
We benchmarked a diverse set of countries, comprehensively analysing for key concepts and best practices around country-level digital information portals.
- The team analysed search keywords related to the client country and identified content themes for key consumer segments, including individual as well as business users.
- We identified languages that the client should cater to and which would be most effective to address objectives.
- The top three countries were shortlisted and profiled, to serve as references for the proposed encyclopaedia.
- Insights on the most optimal models (and their associated benefits) to revamp the country’s image and global positioning.
- A rounded view on the best practices of various countries.
- Critical learnings and recommended strategies for developing the client’s encyclopaedia, website and social media.
- A useful reference point from governance, financial viability and strategic branding perspective.
We created a multi-level benchmarking study which provided critical learnings and strategies to revamp the country’s digital footprint, creating a valuable reference archetype.